Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Two More Down... ZERO More to Go.

I would love this blog to be all about our deck, which is 90% complete - we still need to finish the stairs and we need to stain. However, we are not finished, so I do not want to do a big reveal just yet. However, in the last two weeks, we have finished a couple projects that are note-worthy. I cannot believe that we've pretty much painted every surface in the house, with the exception of the white trim throughout. Something I refuse to take on myself...but I say that now. Watch me paint the entire stinkin' house by next week. I am crazy.

Project 1: The steps going down to the basement/garage. When we bought the house, the carpet continued down the stairs, and when we ripped up the carpet and laid the wood floors, we decided to save money and energy and just paint the steps instead. Well, we're just now getting around to that. Here are the before and afters:

Don't you love the little kitty door? :)


I am not 100% finished yet. I need another coat on the steps, I need to buy stair treads for each step, and we need to install quarter-round on each of the steps. We'll get there, soon I hope, but in the meantime, I feel like this is a part of the house now, and not a part of the garage. It's just a little homey touch that was much needed!! And I cannot wait to FINISH!
Project 2: The Deck!!! Something I have been waiting so so patiently to DECORATE!!! I know, I am such a nester. Drew makes fun of me daily - in a loving way of course. But seriously, the SECOND they were finished with the handrails, I started hauling up the furniture I bought in the beginning of May!! And now that everything is in place, I can't help just sit there and stare and decide what I need to add to my Home Depot list. It's sad I know. But it will be so beautiful when it's finished. I am also trying to convince Drew to build me a window box so that I can plant my herbs in it! I would love nothing more than to cook with fresh gown herbs right from my backyard! SO - once all of that is finished, I will do a big reveal, but for now, I will leave you with this:

Before
 

2 comments:

Laina said...

Your house looks Awesome!! Love your porch furniture! Where did you get it?

The Guff said...

It looks so good!!! Ya'll are like freakin speed demons with projects! Awesome!