
I figured it would be a good idea to share a little about ourselves as we begin the "blogging" journey. That is us in a nutshell. I mean, we don't smash cake in each others faces on a typical Saturday night. But you get the picture (no pun intended.) I would describe our relationship as fun-loving, and at many times, very goofy. Some people will look at us and say, "that is so immature." But in our opinion, that is how we say young and keep marriage fun and we will continue to tell people that until 'Death Do Us Part!'
Drew and I met over 3 years ago during college. After a rocky start, we decided that we wanted to build the foundation of our relationship on the Lord, so we started attending church together weekly, joined a small group together, and our relationship blossomed! In December '07, Drew graduated and shortly after traveled to Australia for 3 months (which really turned into 6 weeks), and returned to ask me to marry him. I said yes and quickly turned around and spent the summer in Italy. I'm not going to say it wasn't hard and we didn't miss each other like crazy sometimes, but I think we can both completely agree that our trips were definitely something we needed to get out of our system before "settling down." Especially for me only being 22 at the time!!

.jpg)
Speaking of traveling, we decided, long before marriage, that we are going to travel as much as possible and wait to have kids...so quit asking when we're going to "start trying!" 1. That's none of your business, 2. We're going to wait a while. Unless the Lord decides to bless us with a baby, we're going to do anything and everything to wait just a couple more years :) This summer we've planned a 10-day trip to Wyoming to see the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Next year we're hoping to take a 2-week backpack trip around Europe, and in year 3, we'd like to hit up New Zealand or Alaska. After that, who knows! I guess it is the tradition we started as a family before we became a family. And we feel VERY, very blessed that we are in good health and a good financial situation to be able to do these amazing trips!
I feel like this 'post' is getting a bit indulgent and boring so I'd like to end it here. Again, I am still getting used to this thing. Really, who is interested in reading this anyway? Bahaha. This weekend we're heading to Flinstone, GA to spend a little quality time with Drew's fam on the farm. Fresh cow milk anyone?
1 comment:
yay, I'm excited that you started a blog!!
Post a Comment