We arrived Thursday afternoon just in time to catch some rays on the beach and in time for a short run down A1A. It was a great start to the trip. Not to mention, that night I learned how to make sushi!!! It was so much fun! And SOO easy! I didn't realize how easy it was until I tried. I am definitely going to have to buy my own little sushi kit now. The fresh mahi-mahi and salmon were perfect in the rolls we made, and it was a great night and probably the highlight of my trip.
Rockin' and Rollin'
Not a great pic, but it was sooo yumsie!!
Key Largo
The beautiful sunset we watched while we ate!
Us with Aunt Nancy!
On Saturday Aunt Nancy invited some aunts and uncles over for lunch and then we stopped by Drew's Uncle Mark's house on our way out. He and his wife have five kids, who are adorable, and have an awesome house! It was built in the 1930s and has so much character to it. The family built a grotto on the property and have an awesome yard filled with tropical plants. It was definitely a worth-while stop. We headed back up to Ft. Lauderdale where I was able to spend the rest of our trip with my Melanie!!! We ate on the beach, went downtown for drinks and billiards, and spend the next two (cloudy) days snuggling together with her pups in her bed watching movies. It was the perfect way to spend time with her:
We did some other neat-o things in the meantime, like got some awesome drinks at Mai Kai, went shopping, ate fresh caught red snapper, etc. Just the usual in the life of a South Floridan.
I cannot wait to head back down there next March for her WEDDING!!!!!!! WOO HOO! I love you Melly Bear and I miss you everyday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment