Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Vegetable and Goat Cheese Pizza



 OMG!!! This was seriously so good, and I just invented it. Well, sort of. I somehow decided that goat cheese and veggies on a pizza sounded good together - even though I may have heard the combination in some passing somewhere - then I looked up some recipes, and it turns out that it does exist. I will mention that this recipe is my own and it is DELISH!!! Please try it and love it!

Ingredients:

Pizza Crust *
Pesto Sauce **
Goat Cheese
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Tomato
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Small White Onion
Button Mushrooms
Black Olives (optional)
Fresh Spinach Leaves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

* I used a Pillsbury pizza crust that was already made in the can for me. Probably not the healthiest, but definitely the easiest. I would suggest a whole wheat crust if you want to make your own. Someday I will get a little ballsy and make my own crust. But for now, I will settle with a more expensive, less healthy one.

** You can buy pesto sauce at the grocery or make your own. I actually made my own Spinach Pesto which is absolutely incredible and has forced me to hate every other kind of pesto. Seriously. So. GOOD. And there was enough left over to make a Spinach Pesto Pasta later this week! Choose wisely when deciding which Pesto to put on your pizza, I swear it makes a difference - the thicker, the better!

Directions:

Follow directions exactly from your pizza crust (oven temp, cook time, etc). Once your crust is laid out, spread your pesto sauce over the top. Don't spread it too thin, but cover the crust completely. Crumble goat cheese over the top of the sauce, your preference as to how much you'd like to use. Chop all veggies and sprinkle them over the top of the pesto and cheese. Again, use how much you'd like - if you like an entire bell pepper, do it! I only used about a half on mine, but my crust may have been smaller. Add fresh spinach leaves last, chop them up and sprinkle over the top. Lastly, DRIZZLE Olive Oil over the top of the pizza, just drizzle, do not soak...this will ruin your pizza.

This is a pretty easy and mindless recipe, and if you're in the mood for something quick, healthy, and that involves no measuring whatsoever, then you should definitely try this one. And hubby loved it - which is usually the most important part!!

Happy Eating!

No comments: