1. Our 1 Year Home Ownership Anniversary
May 15th marked one year from the date we closed on our beautiful home in downtown Kennesaw. I have to take a step back when I think about this. I cannot believe how much we actually have accomplished in the last year. Probably more than most people accomplish the entire time they live in a house. One reason is that we moved into a pretty torn up foreclosure that needed some serious TLC. And TLC is what it got, along with new carpet throughout the entire house, new wood floors, new paint on every single wall (yes, even the closets, pantry, and laundry room), beadboard in the dining room, new paint on the kitchen cabinets, a tiled back splash in the kitchen, 6 new light fixtures, an underground outside irrigation system, 20+ new bushes/plants (not only was digging and planting involved, but we dug up out the old ones too - not as easy as it sounds!!) and almost a new deck! In addition, there have been hundreds of small purchases and projects to get where we are today. I almost can't believe it just reading over that list. I am so proud of my husband for all of the sweat (and money) he has poured into this house, creating a home for me where I will sleep well every night! One year down!! I am really excited to see all that we will accomplish this upcoming year!!
2. Seminary
Drew has successfully completed his first semester of seminary at Liberty University online ;) I am so, so proud of him for: 1. deciding to take on this responsibility so early on in our marriage; 2. spending hours, and hours, and HOURS, in the office reading hundreds and hundreds of pages just to pass a quiz or write a discussion; 3. being diligent in his time and hardly procrastinating at all. I have yet to meet someone more disciplined with their time than Drew.; 4. making GREAT grades!! One B and one A!! Way to go hubby!! I am soooo glad you're taking the summer off ;)
3. Deck Update
I'd love to post a pic, but I feel like that will just take too much energy out of me, plus it will make the great reveal that much more exciting! The guys spent two whole days last weekend framing and getting deck boards up. I am really proud of Drew taking on this project with the help of only one of other person - and granted, that "other person" is a great friend who knows construction better than the back of his hand. Without him, this would NOT be a DYI project. I mean, all we have is a hammer, and I'm pretty sure that would not have gotten us much further than the idea of building a new deck! So anyway, we are framed, and we have a floor!! No railings or stairs yet. I am so anxious for it to be finished!! Especially since I bought deck furniture a month ago - I'm DYING to put it up there and grill out one night! Can't wait. Big reveal will surface soon, I'm sure!!
4. LOST Series Finale
There is not much to say if you never watched the show. But there is much to say about the fact that Drew and I have watched ALL 6 Seasons since Christmas. Impressive (and sad) I know. We watched one first season episode at a friends house in December and were hooked! We borrowed the DVD's from a girl we hardly know and we watched 40, I repeat 40, hours in ONE week. We took the week off work and watched from like 9 or 10am until 4am everyday. I dreamt LOST, only talked about LOST, couldn't stop thinking about it. It was completely disgusting. And I don't care. We were hooked!! We finished the first 5 seasons in time for the final season to start. We watched every week, with questions, with answers, in shock, in relief....I mean, I've never been hooked on a show like that before. Anyway, its over, forever, and I am not sure - still - if I like how it ended. It turns out, everyone was dead. And it made me think about death a lot in a short amount of time, which freaks me out sometimes (not the being with Jesus part, the eternity part, the no longer being a body part...ya know), and caused me not to sleep, but to once again only think about LOST. So in a way, I am glad its over. But sad since Drew and I totally drooled and bonded over it.
5. In Other News
- We leave for our Wyoming trip in about a month! Woo hoo for totally awesome anniversary trip!! Can't wait for the great outdoors in the West! Can I just reveal that we are going to EUROPE next year?!?! 2-week backpack trip! Can't wait for that either!
- My new years resolution has FINALLY paid off: I've lost 8 of the 13 post-marital bliss pounds. I'm at my ideal weight, and I am happy it finally decided to drop off..and STAY off!
- I have officially decided to run a half marathon in September. I am 100% mentally prepared and am super excited. It will be a huge accomplishment!
- We are getting a puppy when we get back from our trip! EEK!!!!
2 comments:
i didn't know drew was in seminary, thats awesome! and congrats on your house :)
jakson and i need to come over soon and play. raeanne loved him last time!
uhh, question.. why are you so amazing? i never write in my blog, but when i think about doing it, i'm like, stacy just freakin overhauled her house and ran a marathon in one day, as she has a thanksgiving sized dinner in the oven.. and i give up. you're insane.
Post a Comment