I love them!!!
Today is my first full day back home since last Tuesday. An entire week. I slept in until 9:30 this morning. And that NEVER happens. But oh, what a week I had! I don't even know where to start. It was completely exhausting, but I was completely happy doing it. It just confirmed the fact that "when I grow up" all I want to be is a mother. And I know I will do a really good job. BUT it is exhausting. And it was only 6 days. A very long 6 days. It also confirmed the fact that I want to wait to have kids. I really felt like my freedom was VERY limited. I won't say its completely gone, but close to it. I was able to leave Saturday and go to a concert, much thanks to my parents who babysat for me that night. Kind of a foreshadow into the future. But how often will that happen? I'm sure not once a week. Anyway, despite the loss of freedom, it was really fun.
The thing I was most anxious about before the week started was keeping a three-year-old entertained. the entire time. all day. every day. What are we going to do? Watch movies all day? I am proud to say that I was able to keep us completely entertained with about only 1 hour of TV before bed at night. We had a school field day, grocery runs, I took them shopping with me, I had a friend's graduation party I dragged her to (in which she had a great time playing badminton with the older kids :)), we played with the kids in the neighborhood, went to the pool (maybe their first time?), and I think they can owe their first church visit to me. And she LOVED church too! She's 3, I mean, the only thing she could have possibly learned is that Jesus is her friend, but still, she had a great time. And I had a great time too. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. And it got me excited that I will be good at that someday on my own. Someday though. In several years from now ;) I am able to get my fix during the day with them, and then go home and relax, have weekends to myself, go on vacations, pack up and leave and not worry about ANYTHING. However - my mother made a great point...she said, "This is why you don't birth 3-yr-olds, you birth babies and they fit into your lifestyle." I took that to heart and it's so true. The baby is so easy, and that doesn't scare me at all. So kudos to you moms out there, especially you moms of 2, 3, and 4 year olds...what an exhausting job you have!! And I'm sure when it's your own kids, the feelings on this subject are completely different. But I am just happy to say that I survived, I did a great job, and now I am home...and a bit bored. But I am willing to be bored for a couple more years, because I know I will never be able to be bored again ;)
3 comments:
They are so cute! Congrats on a job well done. You make me nervous!!! :)
you will be totally fine!! after this job and thinking about just one little itty bitty baby - it will be a piece of cake!!
aw, I love those girls. i went over there last week but nicole was there. but yes, having kids TOTALLY changes your life! It's awesome of course, but you don't have those freedoms you used to have :) but I wouldn't change it for a thing!! You will be a great momma!
Post a Comment