Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Perfect Saturday...I Mean, Friday

I am so so thankful I have Fridays off. Every Friday. It's like having 2 Saturdays every week. It's amazing. And I love it. And I loved yesterday, it was a Friday, and it was perfect. Jill, Drew's 12-yr-old sister stayed with us Wed night through Friday, so yesterday morning we went to the mall - her favorite place - and we shopped 'til we dropped. Just kidding. She shopped while I got a headache haha. I just don't love shopping so much, especially when I am not looking for anything specific. When I know what I'm looking for, I don't mind shopping. But anyway, she had a great time!! And I am so glad for that.

Fridays are great for another reason: Drew NEVER works full days on Fridays. Sometimes he'll be home by 10, sometimes 4, but never 6 or 7. And I loooooove it!!! Yesterday he came home right when we got home from the mall, perfect timing! We packed up some snacks and waters and took Tugg to the creek for his first swim. I've heard that swimming is a 2nd nature to labs, and the minute Tugg saw the water, he ran right in it. Pretty cute. He is so good and I am so impressed with him! He is sitting, laying down, and shaking perfectly already, and he is listening so well, and I really haven't heard him bark yet. We could honestly not have asked for a better dog. So he loved the creek!! We played there for a couple hours, until he was so tired he could almost hardly walk. He passed out the minute he got in the car. We gave him a bath right when we got home, and then he slept the rest of the evening. He was pooped.

To add to yesterday's perfection, for dinner I decided to cook this lasagna.



OMG. O.M.G. So so so so good. 2nd best lasagna I've ever had (my 1st favorite was a pesto lasagna I ate in the town of Riomaggiore, Itlay, so so good). This was so good, that Drew and I were in the middle of a conversation at dinner, we took our first bite, looked at each other, made the face of complete and utter satisfaction, and I think we said at the same time, "this is so freakin' good!" It's a little time consuming to make, a few too many steps, but totally worth it! I cannot wait to make this again. We pretty much ate the entire pan. In my defense, I only had 2 helpings, Drew, I think, had 4.


I want more. In my mouth. Right now. It was pretty expensive to make since I used fresh mozzarella, and fontina cheese ($7 for 8oz!!) I will say that in her recipe - which I followed to a T and I never do that - she says to measure 3oz of fontina cheese or a cup, and I will say that 3oz is not a cup. I ended up measuring a cup, which I would highly suggest doing if you decided to partake on this orgasm in your mouth (sorry, I had to).

For dessert we ate some leftover blueberry cobbler and watched Whale Wars. Best. show ever. We love it. And we make sure to watch it every Friday night at 9. So good. What a great day. Let's see if Saturday #2 can top this one.

No comments: