Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Front of House Makeover Part 3

May I remind you...


This is what our home looked like the day we bought it. Not so bad. Not so hot either. Please notice all of the GREEN. Green overgrown bushes, green overgrown ivy, and green doors and shutters. Toooooo much green!!! 

So back in March and April we removed about 95% of the green.


We dug up most of the bushes in the yard and planted new ones. They're growing and look beautiful. I can't wait to see what they look like after next spring! Less green, much better.

Today I continued to work on the front of house makeover, and boy, what a difference!! Please refer back to the top picture for a reference.


Ta Da!!!! Beautiful right? Today we painted the shutters. A difficult task when you have vinyl siding. Vinyl siding is great, low-to-no-maintenance, and one of the reasons we bought the house. Downside, you can't just unscrew the shutters, bring them down, paint them, and screw them back into the house. They're anchored in to the vinyl. Ugh. So we I had to climb up the ladder and paint them.



And then Drew came up too to screw in the hardware for me.


I love what we did to them. I love the color. And I love the hardware.





Total cost of project for shutters and door: $41

Save some green by getting rid of the green. Who would have thought?

I'm exhausted.



No comments: