Welp - I painted the front door. Kinda sucked. Not gonna lie. It looks much better, but it was definitely a long day. We started by taking the door off the hinges, then I had to clean it, sand it, fill in all the holes with wood filler, wait for it to dry, sand the wood filler, clean it again, and then start painting. Two coats to be exact. I do love the color. It's called Dozen Roses by Behr and it is the perfect red. Not too purple red, but a slight tint of orange. I actually picked it after several days of having the swatch, along with 2 other colors, hung on the side of the house. The color looked good with the gray stones on the front of the house, and the color of the siding too.
Here's a before pic: the only one I could find...
Ugly Hunter Green, brass door knobs, and a brass knocker that had the name 'Jamerson' engraved across the top. Nothing a little Rustoleum spray paint couldn't fix.
I painted everything brass this nice textured black finish. The same finish that is on my new light fixture. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Spray paint juuuuust might be my new best friend. $5 for new hardware?? Yes please!
Thanks to Behr's paint PLUS primer, I didn't have to prime white first :) it's my favorite paint, I've used it everywhere in my house.
Muuuuuuuch better. Only it won't stay open by itself. But that is another project for another day...which I'm sure will take another 5 hours to complete.
See! The redda, the betta!
Now I just have to figure out what to do with the storm door. Keep it? Get rid of it?? If I keep it, it's getting painted black as well. I just don't know. I'm not in looove with it, per say. But I do like the natural light it lets in. What to do?!?!?!? HELP!

1 comment:
Looks great,i love the red! we are getting ready to paint our doors too, so i may be calling you with some questions.
I say you get rid of the storm door and get a screen door. it will be so nice for fall to be able to open your door and let a cool breeze it.
Post a Comment