Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Babymoon

Hola amigos! This past week, Drew and I headed back to Punta Cana to celebrate our "babymoon" - our last vacation without a baby (doctor's orders). Not that we won't travel without kids in the future, it will just be different I'm sure. Another couple who we have gotten super close with over the last couple years came with us, and we all had so much fun. I loved having another woman with me, and I know Drew is so glad he had a friend to "play" with!

With everything going on, all that we have coming up in the next couple months, this vacation was so perfect for recharging my batteries and feeling completely refreshed! I am ready to finish up my last couple months of work, finish the master bathroom project, start/finish the baby's room, and NOT pack a suitcase again until 2012!! I am so very thankful and feel so very blessed to have been able to take this trip and for a husband who can do things like this for our family.











Please excuse my girth in this last pic :/

In house project news, the painter is coming this week to get rid of wall paper and paint the bathroom!! I CANNOT wait! I have basically been waiting a year and a half to get this bathroom finished since it is nearly impossible to remove the 1988 wall paper. I am so so excited. I cannot wait to take a bath for the first time in my own home :) yay!

In baby news, I am currently being kicked so hard my skin is jumping out of control... I don't know how I feel about this. I do love feeling him, but sometimes it's non-stop-can't-sleep movement. This week, baby is the size of an ear of corn...hard to imagine an entire ear of corn hanging out in my midsection. I have a doctors apt this week, and I'm preeeeetty nervous about stepping on the scale... The all-inclusive resort may or may not have contributed to this fear. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage, but we'll find out. Yike.

2 comments:

A-town said...

what a cute little preg lady!

Laina said...

this looks like sooo much fun!! i wish my baby bump was tan :( Can't wait to see all your house progress.