Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Laundry Room Makeover: Part 1

So we started with this:


And changed to this (which is what we started with today):


And we finished the day with this:


Added quarter-round, painted walls, and painted trim. Although, I know, no one will ever see it. It was probably something we would have had to do eventually. And now it's done.


Doesn't that look better? And now the painting is done - well for today. Thanks to my hubby for sawing, nailing, and caulking the baseboards for me. Without him, this would have taken me a week.

It was pretty nasty in there. I had to scrub and scrub the walls to get the dryer lint off. Now I'm trying to come up with some sort of way to keep it from happening again. The laundry room should be clean right?

Oh, I almost forgot. The color I wanted is apparently nonexistent, so I settled on a color by Glidden called Hazy Sage and I love it. It looks great with the color of my hallway.

Stay tuned, I'll probably work on more tomorrow.

Hey, how 'bout them Braves? Pretty disgusting right? Almost as disgusting as the first picture........

2 comments:

Laina said...

i can't wait to see the finished product your ideas are awesome! i know it will look great!

Lee Ann Barton said...

you and Alaina are moving to fast with your projects... I can't keep up. LOL